plying for staff

Denied Staff Applications will be stored here.
miohenriksson03

Awards

plying for staff

Post by miohenriksson03 »

Are you Year 7? (If not, do not apply): I used to be before the update.
Have you been staff on a server before? If yes, please list them and what your rank was: No I have not
Provide a definiton of what RDM is and how it occurs: RDM is when someone kills another player without rp reason or any reason.
Provide a definition of what Metagaming is: Metagaming is when for example privet messege someone where you are if you're stuck or being snatched.
Provide an example of FailRP: Failrp is when you you do or say something that does not make sense in the rp lore.
Provide a definition of Freespelling: Freespelling is when you cast a spell over and over without reason.
Why do you want to be staff on the server? (50 words minimum): I want to be staff so I can let people know what is accepteble or not and to make sure that the people that ruin the fun for others gets a fair punishment and to help people that needs it.
Do you have a mic?: Yes
Do you have any previous warnings? If so, why?: I have one warning for RDM. But the person i killed got a warning for freespelling. I just happen to use deletrius.
Do you understand we are looking for active staff and you may be dropped if your activity is low?: I do and i will be as active as i can whenever i have time. Wich is often:)
Any extra information you would like to give?:
word count: 152
word count: 266
Killer

Awards

Re: plying for staff

Post by Killer »

Somewhere between Undecided/ 1+. You were a rule breaker and an annoying player in the past, but now you've slightly changed for the better. Good rper, very commitful. I would think that his behavior would change if he became staff. I'll see what u have to offer the more i interact with you and i might make an opinion.
word count: 61
RainbowWitch
Staff Team

Awards

Teams

Post by RainbowWitch »

Neutral

To me you've been an absolute delight to rp with, especially since you seem very committed to your character. I also seen you do a fair amount of rulebreaking however, I would like to see some improvement in that. Also try helping out players a bit more.

I'll be sure to keep my eye on you :)

----------------------------------
Update

+1

You've shown yourself to be very dedicated to wanting to help out on the server. You're a very passionate player, both towards your RP and the server. I'm curious to see how you'd do as a Tmod :)
Last edited by RainbowWitch on Wed May 05, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 102
Selene Lamae Urillu

Your favourite Divination teacher <3
SomeUnknownSithLord

Awards

Post by SomeUnknownSithLord »

+1 for me i think hes calmed down alot showed that hes more than able to help people hes a very nice person i say give this lad a chance like you did me
word count: 34
Dayth Gallu UriIlu DADA Teacher

It is the quality of one's convictions that determines success, not the number of followers-Remus Lupin
ProGhostHunterFoxy

Awards

Post by ProGhostHunterFoxy »

Im gonna give u a -1 for 2 reasons your anger issues and enforcing rules. maybe control that anger issue, just try not give out on your anger on someone cuz that past seeing you, you kept killing this guy when he called you the wrong name and took your anger out on that guy. Enforcing rules, try to become a prefect and enforce some rules.
word count: 66
thenostrom

Awards

Post by thenostrom »

I have to give him at least a -3, based on the experience so far in-game. Why? The reasons are as follows:

TL;DR version/exec summary:
- He bullies, is disrespectful, interrupts classes, and in general a well-rounded, active minge (nothing wrong with trolling from time to time, but you need to do it in a smart, respectful way)
- HUGE EGO: if you're not with him, you're an enemy and you're going down
- Sucks it up to the mods/admins but still minges

Reasons why he should not be part of staff:

I am highly concerned that if he, or someone else with his traits, becomes a mod/admin, we'll start seeing bans/abuse just because we don't agree with his ways, or if we do not suck it up to him. This kind of attitude is ruinous.

Based on my experience in interacting with him, and seeing how he interacts with others, I present my reasons for the abovementioned -3 opinion:

1) I have seen him several times getting chummy with the mods/admins just to show off what a "good boy" he is, all the while being disrespectful to other players, especially the ones that disagree with him or his methods;
2) He bullies other people on the server, and he delights in it, but when he's on the receiving end, he acts as if he's a saint. He got "ganged" once by some of the more colourful Hufflepuffs and acted as he was a saint, taking the mods/admin's side. However, after the deed was done, he went back to being disrespectful;
3) Saw him abuse the prefect/head girl/head boy roles more than once, having the same behaviour (i.e. disrespectful behaviour) as if he were on a normal student role;
4) Hugely inflated ego: if you do not agree with his opinions/views/methods, he'll disrespect you, maybe worse

Improvement points for Jacob:

If there's something you should learn from all of this is that you need to control that ego, learn to accept criticism, accept the fact that other people have different opinions, views, and that you are not the most important person in the world.
word count: 375
Reverb
Site Admin

Awards

Executive Roles

Teams

Post by Reverb »

Hi Blaise, thanks for the application.

Whilst you have provided some good explanations for definitions, your application is slightly lacking. For instance, for your answer to "Why do you want to be staff" question, you only wrote 40 words when 50 was specified (this is done to ask for a slightly more detailed response).

The responses on the post have been mixed and I have also been contacted outside of the forums to express concerns. Currently, I do not believe staff is right for you. The main concern is that you do not actively seek to be friendly with everyone but rather who you want to be and anyone you aren't getting along with tends to get a negative attitude from you. You have, since posting this, broken multiple rules. Also, you tend to not involve yourself within the RP happening, choosing to try and enforce your own (such as trying to change the server to listen to you).

Improvements before reapplying:
  • Partake in lessons (in student roles or teaching) and try to help make them fun
  • Be kind and respectful to all players and try to get along with them
  • Stick to the rules. Stop the freespelling and killing.
Once you have worked on these, please feel free to re-apply (please note: you must leave it a month before applying again.)

Application: Denied
word count: 226