Madam Pomfrey Value

Want to see something new in the server? Post it here!
Killer

Awards

Madam Pomfrey Value

Post by Killer »

What is your suggestion?: Now that i've posted the "Too Much Shrinking Solution is Dangerous!" suggestion, this suggestion is to give Madam Pomfrey either a spell or make her have a potion that turns players back to normal. This can go with anything pretty much, anything that changes player model or size. (Engorgio,reducio etc.)
What are the benefits of this?: This gives Madam Pomfrey more value and stuff to do rather than her just being yet another player who can heal players, lots of people can do that! I know she has vulnera sanentur but that spell is situational and is mainly used to cure sectumsempra. Summing up this makes the Madam Pomfrey job more interactable as Matron of the school. ^^
Any links (such as Steam Workshop or GitHub) that may be required: Nope.
What could go wrong with this?: Nothing!
word count: 143
thenostrom

Awards

Re: Madam Pomfrey Value

Post by thenostrom »

+1. Pomfrey is underpowered anyway. It's just sad.

I've found out that she doesn't even have Hilium by default, or at least not when I tried. She should have at least Hilium plus Vulnera by default - even though this is purely a Snape invention, she should still be able to find a cure for that.

Maybe if you give her a personalized spell, something like "finite incantatem", or something similar, to counter spell effects, and throw in the capability to counter potion effects as well, to simplify things. Not sure how this will fare during pvp though.

The issue with engorgio/reducio spells is that they're busted. If you counter the effects, or die, you're still bugged. The hud/crosshair will not reset to your standard height again, makes it difficult to play. The only way I've found to fix this is by reconnecting.
word count: 150